Financial Controller / Head of Accounts - London
Financial Controller / Head of Accounts - London - OUR CLIENT manages a rapidly growing private real estate fund, focused primarily in the alternative residential sector and boasting over £500m of development assets. As a result of their continued growth, they have instructed us to recruit an experienced Financial Controller / Head of Accounts to support the Finance Director and focus on the financial management, reporting and strategy for the fund.
THE ROLE - The key functions / activities are:
- Overseeing quarterly accounts and reporting as the actual accounting is outsourced.
- Evaluating current reporting and identifying issues in order to improve processes.
- Responsibility for ongoing financial strategy including VAT recovery, intercompany mezzanine finance and impact of new tax initiatives.
- Analysis of financial performance of internal property managers.
- Fund cashflow planning and ensuring this area is prioritised as a business.
- Managing third party providers including administrators, auditors, tax advisers and capital allowance specialists.
- Debt management including working with existing banks and supporting Finance Director in debt negotiations.
THE PERSON: To apply, you must be a qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA) and possess significant experience working within real estate accounting, ideally with exposure to development / construction. Working within a small and efficient team, this role requires a 'hands on' and proactive approach and the willingness to take on ad hoc responsibilities. Please only apply if you have experience in the strategic interpretation and management of fund performance, and the ability to communicate effectively with 3rd parties including external auditors, banks and advisors in the administering of debt facilities. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a reputable property investment organisation in an integral and senior post.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.