Reporting Analyst / London / Up to £40,000 + good package
We are currently supporting a global fashion retailer to hire a Reporting Analyst. They are based in lovely new offices in the City and you will be sat in the centre of the office where fashion design, buying selections, fit sessions and branding decisions are made.
You will be part of multi-talented Engineering Team, which serves three core functions, Web Development, IT Support and Business Intelligence. As a Reporting Analyst, you will be responsible for data modelling, data analysis, data management, and data visualisation. You will work closely with various internal departments like Marketing, Merchandising, Finance, Customer Service, Retail and third-party data partners to develop data infrastructure (ETLs, data models, and reports) and other tools to make analytics easier and more effective. You will draw insight from large amounts of structured data to understand customer behaviour and interactions. You will be the go-to expert on data resources and tools and promote data-driven decision-making throughout the business. Although this role sits in the Business Intelligence function, you may be occasionally required to assist engineers from other functions, mainly IT Support when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Data Design & Analysis
• Create Database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions to support new product functionality and optimize existing ones for performance
• Writing and optimising SQL queries (Mainly MySQL)
• Translate raw data into actionable insights, clear and coherent analysis, and data-driven recommendations.
• Build reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance - driving efficiency throughout LTS.
• Deep understanding of internal and external data sources (e.g. customer, transactional, marketing) and the data models.
• Respond to and resolve ad-hoc queries and analysis in a timely and professional manner. • The Reporting Analyst will be the subject matter expert for the data and the Business Intelligence tool, QlikSense. They will liaise closely with internal teams on the effective use of that data.
Data Process Management:
• Monitor data feeds and processing for data integrity and resolve data quality problems.
• Perform detailed data exploration and validation from a variety of sources.
• Manage the relationship with external providers, raising technical issues and working towards the resolution.
• Continuously analyse ways to improve processes and increase efficiency as the business continues to grow.
• Assist in the loading of data by performing data analysis on incoming files.
• Quality assurance of planned data changes.
• Backup and recovery.
• Creating developer documentation, user manuals and ensuring they are up to date.
• At least 2 years’ experience in data analysis and data management role.
• At least 2 years’ experience in writing, updating and optimising SQL queries (preferably MySQL).
• Experience in creating and managing database objects.
• At least intermediate level experience in MS Excel.
• Attention to detail.
• Logical thinker and problem solver with a passion for Data.
• Knowledge/Experience of any visualisation tools (Preferably Qlik Sense).
• Self-learner and ability to work under limited or no supervision.
• Proficient in extracting and analysing data.
• Technical requirements: coding competency, especially PHP, Python, R etc.
• Effective team player in a cross-functional group.
• Basic Knowledge of networking concepts like DNS, DHCP, IP addressing etc. desired.
• Knowledge/experience of web analytics tools.
• Degree in Computer Science.
• IT Support experience.
Please apply urgently if this role is a good fit with your cv attached and current salary / expectations if to progress