My Client a Leading Property Business in the Central London is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their head office team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Process supplier invoices on a daily basis, match to purchase orders. Return invalid documents to suppliers as and when necessary.
- Distribute supplier invoices for authorisation to various departments.
- Process supplier invoices via Qube Accounting System
- Raise purchase orders on Qube
- Monitor and review outstanding invoices, answer suppliers' phone calls with prompt resolution of queries
- Ensure all supplier invoices are filed accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Prepare payment runs every two weeks for review and sign off by CFO
- Process BACS payments through internet banking
- Reconcile the purchase ledger to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of bank reconciliations
- Processing the revenue via the sales ledger on the Qube Accounting System. This involves processing credit/debit card receipts and bank transfer revenue.
- Processing the daily direct debit collections via Qube and the online banking system.
- Work closely with the Contracts department to deal with queries on direct debits, tenancy transfers, tenancy terminations and tenancy renewals.
- Work through a list of common daily tasks including the processing of failed direct debit receipts, sending arrears letters out to residents, processing deposit returns and bank details changes.
- Report weekly on system status and resident charge errors that need correcting.
- Raise and send monthly invoices to retail tenants.
- Produce and review a weekly debt report.
- Process monthly rent increases in line with the Consumer Price Index.
- Other Ad hoc tasks.
Successful candidates will bright graduates or school leavers who are studying towards ACCA or CIMA qualification. Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year experience working in an accounts role.