Operations/Office Manager - Manchester
This award-winning firm of independent financial advisers based in Manchester, with an established reputation for dealing in all areas of financial planning is looking to recruit an experienced Operations/Office Manager who has previous experience within the Financial Services Industry.
- To manage a team of Financial Planning Support staff across all departments i.e. Employee Benefits, Administration, Paraplanning, and Servicing.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Director, on day to day business activities and broader projects.
- Work closely with the Compliance Director to ensure your team are meeting their compliance responsibilities, working consistently in adherence to procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a team leader/managerial position and have experience of dealing with large teams.
- Responsibility for day to day operational oversight of all administration functions which are adviser support, employee benefits, para planning, servicing & reception.
- Ensuring all daily operational tasks are completed.
- Supervisory duties to ensure work is distributed and allocated correctly.
- Procedural overview with an expectation that at some point all departments/processes will be reviewed for efficiency and accuracy and appropriate alternatives suggested / implemented following board approval.
- Project managing as appropriate - for example we need to implement our back office system, IO, in full - at the moment we only use it for income and new business - in the future we need to use IO for all admin and advisor functions.
- Demonstrable operational / systems management experience in similar organisation.
- Previous experience in a related role in Financial Services Sector.
- Excellent communicator to present credibly and professionally at all levels.
- High levels of IT literacy, with confidence to engage with the IT department to create new processes and systems to improve efficiency and controls.
- Understanding of the FCA regulatory environment.
Specific Operational Projects:
- Staff Personal Development Plans.
- IO implementation throughout the company.
- Revision of the Servicing Department.