Business Intelligence Analyst
Vargo is recruiting a Business Intelligence Analyst for a fast growing group of companies in Newport. This is a newly created role to support the on-going development of the business. The job will be focussed on developing all aspects of the companies business intelligence and management information framework.
Initially, the role will be focused on developing the financial information for the business but will move on to review all the operational areas including:
-Sales & Marketing
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will work closely with operations and liaise closely with IT to gain access to the right data sets. You will be required to develop reports to extra the data and then transform this information in order to communicate to non-technical members of the team.
Other duties will include:
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analysing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Educated to degree level
- Strong Excel and reporting skills
- Understanding of statistical packages
- 5 years proven experience in financial analysis
- Experience in preparing financial presentations
- Experience or understanding of budgets
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at a time.
This role will suit a strong analyst who enjoys a job with a broad and varied remit. The job will develop your skills across all operational areas and give you autonomy to develop your own Business Intelligence framework.