Account Manager - Retail Accounts
We are recruiting a National Account Manager job opportunity working for the European arm of an international company that manufactures and a wide range of products. Specifically focusing on the UK market and developing large retailer accounts, we are looking for an experienced candidate who has a proven background in selling into (and developing) retail accounts. It will be the Account Manager's responsibility to manage and grow the pre-defined accounts and ensure financial performance targets are met.
Salary circa £30,000 - £35,000 + £4,000 car allowance + 10% Bonus, pension, healthcare and other benefits
- Maintain existing customer base for predetermined set of customer with regards to turnover, listings and relationship
- Grow account base by predefined budgeted parameters on a sustainable and profitable basis
- Introduce new products in line with PD time lines and gain listings at key accounts
- Manage and enhance all customer relationships in line with corporate objectives
- Create and maintain robust profit and loss documents in relation to each account
- Work within agreed corporate margin parameters and feedback any strategic opportunities which may exist outside of this framework for evaluation
- Maintain and track budget performance and profitability by customer in line with predefined corporate measures agreed with direct manager at the beginning of employment or each financial year
- Work with customers to define cost effective ways to market products
- Work with UK marketing resource (the progress lab) to create materials which help the sales team to market products to customers and end users
- Identify and implement a profitable promotional strategy with all customers to help drive sales and brand awareness in the market place
- Work with sales admin team to document and maintain customer pricing on systems
- Work with Demand Planner to ensure that sufficient stock is in place at all times to service all needs of the UK account base
- Work with UK office team to encourage and grow sales admin team members so that they can be in contact with customers and help to support the overall business
- MUST have experience of selling into and managing retailer accounts
- Strong account management skills
- Proven ability of managing and developing customer accounts
- Ideally some experience of working within the infant/children's product sector
- No geographical restriction but must be available to visit Hertfordshire HQ weekly/fortnightly
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.