Direct Debit Administrator
Direct Debit Administrator £25k based in Hemel Hempstead
My client based in Hemel Hempstead is seeking a full time permanent Direct Debit Administrator.
The Job Is to carry out the processing of Direct Debit applications, the administration of Direct Debit procedures and promote Direct Debit and other appropriate payment methods. The Bigger Picture You will: undertake any duties within the Team, at a comparable level of responsibility, as determined by Senior Management of the team; and carry out any other duties that are appropriate to the overall purpose of the job. The Day to Day You will:
- process Direct Debit applications, including paper based, internet applications, by phone, to the standards set;
- process other Direct Debit instructions, including enquiries from customers and other employees, instructions received from Bankers Automated Clearing Services (BACS) and from reports generated by the Direct Debit system;
- administer Direct Debit operations, including preparation and control of data submissions to BACS, loading of data from BACS to application systems, preparation of reports and other operations;
- contact customers and other employees with regard to Direct Debit transactions, enquiries, banking reports and other circumstances, including the preparation of correspondence to corporate standards and generating, checking and distribution of letters;
- make sure that all Direct Debit data entry, procedures and operations are done to the set standards including the preparation of reconciliation controls and completion of all audit trails, and to raise any related issues with section and departmental management where necessary and to contribute to the development of standards, procedures and training material;
- promote the Direct Debits option including the preparation of targeting letters, phone calling, promotional material, identification of target groups, and liaison with area management employees including participating in presentations and other promotional events and meetings;
- liaise with banks, system suppliers and other agencies with regard to Direct Debit operations and other processes, including processing of indemnity claims;
- prepare statistical and financial returns from Direct Debits and other related data including understanding and extracting data from the system and loading this into other software (such as Excel) where appropriate;
- contribute to the development of Direct Debits and other cost effective payment methods;
- deal with specific enquiries from various sources within and outside the organisation to the satisfaction of the persons involved and more senior members of the team;
- assist the team to maximise its effectiveness by undertaking general clerical duties, such as filing, photocopying and processing entries onto the corporate financial system;
- assist other team members to achieve their responsibilities and targets;
- support the development and implementation of the Team Plan, and Performance Management Systems within the team.
- Sage accounting admin experience is essential
- Experience with Nat West Payaway direct debit software is essential.