General Ledger Accountant job working for a global organisation in Portsmouth.
Your new company
A global organisation are seeking an experienced General Ledger Accountant to join the finance department in the Portsmouth area.
Your new role
Reporting into the CFO you will be responsible for;
1) Responsible for month end closing procedures - monitoring compliance with schedule and deadlines. Review and perform postings in accounting system in:
- Project revenue
- Accruals and provisions
- Prepaid expenses
- Property, plant and equipment
- Intangible assets.
2) Prepare and monitor monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all areas of financial statements; Assistance with statutory and group accounts preparation (bi-annual reporting packs, monthly accounts review)
3) Along with financial accounting team responsible for monthly inter-company reconciliations process;
4) Dealing with external audit - responsible for timely and accurate information provision.
5) Providing assistance to processes and controls improvement - preparation of instructions, work on systems and reports development.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll be a fully qualified accountant, having worked in a similar role with a technical bias. Experience within a reputable audit firm would be desired. You'll bring prior experience in general ledger accounting coupled with hands on month end closing balance sheet reconciliations within a complex business, whilst demonstrating a strong appreciation for managing internal controls having either worked as an auditor or acted as the audit liaison within a commercial firm.
What you'll get in return
You'll get a highly competitive salary + benefits. You'll be working for an innovative company with excellent prospects, offering exciting opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals. The newly refurbished offices are easily accessible with free parking on-site and close to local shops and cafés.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.