Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 after 6 months probation rising to £34.5k once fully trained
Shift: 2 Days, 2 Nights - 4on/4off
Similar Job titles: Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrical Engineer - Shift Engineer - Maintenance Technician - Service Technician
Nearby locations: Rotherham, Barnsley, Scunthorpe, Wakefield, Worksop, Pontefract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer to join a busy and successful Food company and support the engineering function on site to look after plant and the building fabric and assist the production staff in order to help ensure that production lines continue to function as required.
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities
- Proactive, planned-preventative maintenance to ensure our existing equipment is able to meet capacity demand and efficiency targets.
- Reactive maintenance to ensure minimal machine downtime.
- Identifying and delivering against opportunities to implement changes and continuous improvement projects to maximise plant efficiencies.
- Assisting with the introduction of new equipment to a market-leading automation facility as part of our continued drive for innovation.
- Continuous professional development through industry specific training.
- PLC fault finding (training can be provided)
Maintenance Engineer Desirable Skills and Experience
- Engineering/Maintenance experience
- Electrical qualification of some kind preferred but not essential
- Ability to work towards deadlines with effective time management
- Problem solving
ABOUT US - Proactive Technical Recruitment
Specialising in food & drink production, with an additional growing presence across pharmaceutical, injection moulding and household care, Proactive' s FMCG division is broken into four niche and specialist teams; Engineering, Technical, Production and Senior Appointments.
Operating from a network of offices, covering London, Egham, Milton Keynes and Brighton, Proactive supply permanent and contract labour to clients nationwide. Utilising a long track record of successful partnerships, we understand the challenges that you currently face, working alongside you to find the right role.
If you feel you have the drive and determination to succeed at this company then please apply today and we will support you through the entire process of application.
We are looking for the UK's top engineering talent and would love you to send across your CV to or please give me a call on .
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-250. *T&Cs apply*
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.