Clinical Nurse Specialist - Breast Care
Our client is providing theopportunity for you to develop your leadership skills in a department that places emphasis on team-work. In return they are committed to help you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
As a Breast CNS you will work with the Breast Clinical Manager to provide specialist advice for the diagnosis, management, treatment and on-going care and support of patients under the care of our clients Symptomatic Breast Service as well as supporting patients seen by the Oncologist at the Leaders in Oncology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support patients with breast cancer, providing them with information and psychological support, alongside acting as a specialist resource of current clinical information to address the specific needs of individual patients through direct / indirect interventions.
- Work as an autonomous and unsupervised practitioner, managing a caseload of patients.
- Implements practice that is evidence based and evaluates its effectiveness.
- Advises staff knowledgeably and skilfully in the Breast Centre, wards, outpatients/other departments and community on the care of patients undergoing interventional diagnostic procedures, diagnosis and management of breast cancer.
- Participates collaboratively and ethically in approved clinical research activity, clinical trials and promotes nursing research.
Skills and Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Oncology experience and knowledge.
- Advanced Breast Care nursing qualification is advantageous.
- Demonstrates advanced decision making skills in the clinical setting
- Knowledge of audit and its effectiveness within health care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work autonomously and plan, prioritise and organise own/others workload.
- Mentorship programme training
- structured career development
- funded courses
- health and wellbeing support system
- private pension
- private medical care cover
- guaranteed annual salary review and much more