Procurement Manager Fixed term
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a recently established but rapidly growing and highly innovative organisation as the Procurement Manager. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, this is a small organisation and as the Procurement leader your contribution will be highly visible.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with EU procurement regulations, but additionally taking a wider commercial view and ensuring the organisation is receiving best value. This will include all elements of procurement and contract management, for contracts with values ranging from £500 to £1m.
This Procurement Manager position will suit a driven and ambitious procurement professional who wants to lead a function. You must demonstrate:
- In depth knowledge of public sector procurement / EU regulations / relevant government frameworks
- Wider commercial exposure, ideally within the private sector
- MCIPS, or studying towards
- Experience of designing and implementing procurement processes
- Experience of conducting detailed audits on contracts
- Experience of developing monthly procurement/KPI reporting tools
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
This role is being offered on a 6 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of extension or permanent employment in future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.