Team Leader - Collections
£24k - £37k DOE
Benefits: Company Pension, Discretionary Bonus Scheme, Increasing Holiday Entitlement plus many more
Chatham, Kent ME4 4EL
Life feels better when you love your job…
Here at Vanquis we do, and it’s what we believe has contributed most to our success.
Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002 that our parent company, Provident Financial, is now listed in the FTSE 100. We have achieved this by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service we provide for our customers.
This role is all about getting the best out of people and will involve inspiring, coaching and developing up to 15 employees to be the very best they can be to contribute to the success of the department, ensuring that we are putting our customers at the heart of what we do.
We need inspirational leaders who thrive on seeing other people develop and will complement our existing management team. We run great initiatives around rewarding and motivating employees - from a structured induction and ongoing training, to our incentive programmes and our team building events. We are always challenging ourselves to come up with additional innovative ideas.
To be considered for this role you need:
• Experience within leadership is essential. Previous Collections experience would be an advantage but isn’t essential as training will be provided
• To be able to demonstrate your ability to deliver results through managing, coaching and motivating your agents to meet recovery targets
• To be capable of continuously driving performance in a department that tests boundaries and strives to exceed expectations
• Excellent communication skills and a real "can do" attitude
• A thoroughly organized approach and the personality to thrive in a target driven environment
• The ability to work in an innovative environment and be quick to adapt new practices and ideas
What skills and experience you need to have
• You need to have up to date knowledge of the collections environment and its associated functions
• You have a sound, basic experience of coaching and managing a target driven team
• You’ll have an innovative approach to problem solving and have energy, drive, enthusiasm with a pro-active approach to getting things done
• You have excellent interpersonal, relationship building, verbal and written communication skills
• You are adaptable and flexible with excellent organisational skills
• You have the ability to meet agreed targets and deadlines within a challenging and pressurised environment
• You are organised and have the ability to prioritise effectively whilst remaining flexible and adaptable to meet changing demands
• You are assertive but empathetic
• You have good numerical skills and the ability to use your initiative
• You have excellent communication skills
• You are able to remain calm at all times when dealing with customers and colleagues
• You pay excellent attention to detail and have good analytical skills
You will need to be available to work shifts between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, including two Saturdays a month 8am - 1.30pm and one Sunday per month 10am -2pm.
To apply for this role and to find out more about us please visit www.vanquiscareers.co.uk.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us.
We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.