Senior Buying/ Category Manager Retail
We are looking for a Senior Buying/ Category Manager to join our client within the retail sector. You will be responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximize the size and the value of the customer’s range of categories.
Supporting the head of buying in the development, application & organisation of category strategy to ensure customer focused product ranges including new brand and product development.
The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:-
- Develop customer category plans collaboratively with the wholesalers and distributors
- Accountable for marketing products within category to take full advantage of sales and deliver category objectives including a co-ordinated promotional calendar to maximise opportunities for category growth.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
As a Senior Buying/ Category Manager you will need knowledge in the following;
- Category management and buying experience prefrably within the retail sector
- Experience of Analysing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- you will be able to build excellent relationships with key stakeholders and customers
- To have a strong customer focus with a retail/wholesale background.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication and people skills