Are you looking to work in a really friendly and supportive environment? In a role where you’ll have a manager who invests time in your training and development rather than just throwing you in at the deep end?
What makes this role, and opportunity great, is the hiring manager. She’s brilliant. She’ll really take the time out of her day to pass on her wealth of experience to ensure you’re successful in the role, and that you can keep building on your finance experience. She’s supportive, down to earth and really enjoys her job.
This role could suit two different types of people (or someone in-between perhaps)
- You could be someone in the early stages of your career with 9-12 months experience in a Finance Assistant type role looking to build on your experience and study for your AAT
- You could be someone who simply wants to come to work, do a great job, and then go home. Progression and studies may not be appealing to you, you may just want to be a pivotal person in a team
Ultimately the hiring manager just wants to find someone who is conscientious and someone who wants to do a great job.
If you are studying, they are happy to fully fund this for you (they don’t do day release for studies but they will be supportive when you have exams.)
This is the sort of place I can imagine the successful candidate will be happy for many years and whether you want to progress, or you want to simply be the guru in this role, they will be flexible for the right person. They are based just outside of town with great public transport links and free parking.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with the production of month end management accounts pack
- Accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of purchase and sales ledger processes
- VAT payments
- Support with credit control
- Cost analysis
- A team player with a conscientious work ethic and 9-12 months finance experience in a similar role.