Our client is one of the UK's prominent manufacturers of vitamins and mineral supplements. We are proud to have been dedicated to bringing retailers and consumers the finest quality nutritional products for more than 30 years and manufactured in the UK by ourselves to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and under MHRA pharmaceutical license, with Soil Association and Kosher accreditation. Our products are sold in the UK via health stores and pharmacies and we export the Lifeplan brand to over 25 countries.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and forward thinking Marketing Manager based at our Lutterworth (Leicestershire) offices. The company is growing and offers exciting opportunities for the right candidate.
This is a full time role reporting to the Managing Director and Sales Director, the role will involve managing the marketing department (a team of three staff) to pro-actively implement the company's sales and marketing strategy to drive the brand forward both in the UK and export markets.
The candidate will have experience within the VMS (vitamins and mineral supplements) sector.
- Deliver the company's sales & marketing strategy in close liaison with the sales director
- Lead the company's marketing and communications activities in both the UK and export markets
- Manage the marketing budget
- Work closely with the sales department to create and deliver effective high quality customer (retailer and consumer) focused marketing materials including product brochures/leaflets, advertisements, multimedia presentations (graphic), newsletters, etc.
- Liaise with the sales department to communicate product updates to customers and prospects
- Generate sector specific marketing materials
- Coordinate PR activities including presence in the social media environment to increase brand awareness
- Coordinate the company's attendance at industry exhibitions and trade shows and represent the company at industry meetings
- Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities both in the UK and internationally. This will involve research amongst existing customers, competitors and working closely with the Department for International Trade
- As brand guardian manage consistency of product presentation and brand messaging both in the UK and overseas
- Manage brand trademarks in conjunction with the company's legal representatives
- University degree in business, marketing or related field
- Strong project management, business writing and reporting skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships, lead a team and work effectively with co-workers across departments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable about nutrition and supplement products
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years marketing experience, in a VMS or nutrition related field
- Experience as a Manager
- Demonstrable marketing and PR campaign management
- Demonstrable advertising campaign management
- Budget management experience
- Social Media and digital marketing experience
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of Google AdWords/Google Analytics