Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor
Our client based in Hampshire supplying a range of renovation services across the UK. They are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor to join their dedicated team.
The role will involve:
· Liaising with accounts department and contract managers
· Manage the monthly costs, valuations and reporting of projects
· Manage the process of valuations and payments between clients and contractors
· Assisting the purchasing manager with cost allocation and reporting
· Providing commercial support to the contracts team
· Develop the company’s procedures and pro-forma to maximise efficiencies and record keeping
· Provide support and cover for the accounts department during absences
Key Skills required:
· Highly competent at Microsoft Office packages particularly Microsoft Excel
· Strong familiarisation with Sage Accounts software
· Understanding of JCT/NEC contract formats
· Basic commercial negotiating experiences
The candidate must be diligent and methodical, with exceptional record keeping and analytical skills.
Preferably, the candidate shall have previous experiences to a similar level or be seeking to make the step up to this role; our client welcomes new skills, fresh ideas from different backgrounds.
The candidate will need to be comfortable working in a relaxed office environment, set in a rural location. The foregoing should not be seen as an exhaustive list of duties, and the candidate must adopt a flexible and positive attitude to the varying work requirements.
They are offering up to £45,000 DOE.
Due to the high number of applications we are receiving, we are unable to respond to every application individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 days please assume that your application has not been successful. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.