Bury St Edmunds
£35,000 Per Annum Plus Bonus
Peritus Plus are pleased to consider applications for the position of Head Chef in Bury St Edmunds.
This modern townhouse hotel, bar and restaurant retains the character of the building’s Georgian past, yet seamlessly combines it with modern amenities and luxurious fittings, giving travellers and diners a stylish alternative to the corporate environment of most city hotels.
Key responsibilities involve all aspects of Health and Safety, Finance and Managing people within the kitchen ensuring that all standard operating procedures, policies and legislative practices are followed to the company's highest expectations.
As Head Chef, your duties are as follows:
- Menu design that is in line with food sales that is monitored to maximise sales and appropriate stock ordering.
- Create SOP recipes for each dish, then train staff to ensure standardisation in preparation and consistent presentation and portion control.
- Minimise waste and maximise menu availability.
- Maintain and keep all kitchen and back of house areas in a clean and tidy condition, reporting all equipment checks and the required repairs/maintenance.
- Keep up to date with all developments and requirements of H&S practices and FSA legislative practices and policies within the workplace.
- Be Involved in all recruitment processes, ensuring ongoing training programmes are maximised for all team members for their continued development.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Head Chef in a high-volume operation
- Show innovation and creativity
- Excellent verbal, written and computer literacy skills
- Finally, you must be incredibly passionate and well qualified to develop and train the chefs
If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days then unfortunately your application is unsuccessful.