This is a great time and opportunity for a Production Operative to join an exciting evolving organisation which will allow you to grow at a pace set only by your own ambitious.
The Production Operative will be responsible for maintaining allocated machine production to agreed standards of performance and to ensure that Company standards are maintained with specific regards to health and safety, quality, housekeeping and business performance.
Location: Derby, Ashbourne
Salary: £18,500 - £25,500 (DOE)
Shifts: Early & Late rotating Days shifts
- Involved in risk assessments and daily safety checks
- Report any health and safety issues in line with the Company Health and Safety policy
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
- Behave in line with 'Don’t walk by’ at all times
- Operation of manufacturing plant and equipment safely and efficiently
- Controlling the quality of product
- Work efficiently in order to meet production targets
- Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
- Be responsible for the manufacturing assets that are entrusted to you
- To react promptly and effectively to breakdowns by liaising with maintenance and assisting where needed
- To inspect, carry out and ensure that plant routines are regularly adhered to
- To carry out other reasonable tasks within the scope of your operation and abilities as and when required
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to problem solve
- Physically fit capable of manual labour, including lifting and carrying 20kgs for short distances
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.