My client, an expanding financial services organisations is currently recruiting for experienced Underwriters to join their expanding team based in Leeds. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding organisation that offer a friendly working environment, competitive salary and free parking. The successful candidate will have experience of working as a underwriter, have an excellent eye for detail along with great communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Deal with customer contact on an initial and on-going basis via incoming and outgoing telephone, letter and email
- Underwrite loans following the 'decision in principle' and in conjunction with the company 'Responsible Lending Policy'
- Write repeat business in line with the company reserve policies
- Ensure all loans written are responsible and will not cause the customer any financial detriment
- Raise concerns to the Loans Manager if there are 'warnings' in place in the underwriting process
- Deal with appointed third parties (e.g. debt management companies) in a professional and appropriate manner
- Work to the policies and procedures including relevant legislation and guidelines set down by the Financial Conduct Authority, the Consumer Credit Trade Association the Financial Ombudsman Service & the Data Protection Act 1998