Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Plymouth
An FTSE 100 company is currently recruiting for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to take on a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be working with a team of like minded individual as part of the Business Support team, providing support and guidance to projects and the wider business to ensure objectives are met. This is achieved through risk based assessments against an effective assurance framework and regular engagement across the business.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of the agreed audit programme as well as supporting the business on contractual, regulatory and legislative compliance. The focus is towards product assurance and promoting the quality message throughout the business. This is a varied role which includes engaging with the customer, project and the site wide quality community through forums, improvement projects and investigations.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- HNC/HND minimum in an engineering subject or significant relevant experience in an engineering based subject.
- Experience of auditing/quality assurance and application within a technical/engineering environment (essential)
- Effective communication skills and ability to develop good working relationships with people at all levels (essential)
- Hold or working towards holding recognised professional qualification or membership of a professional body (essential)
- Experience in a ship repair environment (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001, Allied Quality Assurance Publication (AQAP)-2110, AQAP-2105, relevant codes and standards, Business Management Systems (Agility) and an understanding of the Site License Conditions (LCs) (desirable)
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor (IRCA accredited) (desirable)
- Knowledge of materials and configuration management (desirable)
- Experience of continuous improvement techniques (desirable)
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on