A global manufacturing business are recruiting a Junior Buyer to join their Purchasing Team. Applicants should have experience within, or be looking to build a progressive career within Purchasing or Supply Chain.
The Junior Buyer will work as part of a dynamic, and forward-thinking procurement department. The Junior Buyer will be responsible for maintaining material flows to support production schedules - through negotiating, placing and expediting purchase orders with suppliers.
Specific duties of the Junior Buyer include:
1. Raise Purchase Orders with suppliers and subcontractors
2. Contribute to the cost effective procurement of goods and services
3. Expedite over due Purchase Orders
4. Provide status reports when required and participate in production meetings when necessary.
5. Provide reports on the performance of suppliers
6. Supplier liaison with regards to material shortages and rejections
Junior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Experience in, or a desire to build a career within; Purchasing, Supply Chain or Logistics
2. Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
3. The ability to negotiate with, and influence suppliers
4. Strong IT skills, or experience using a MRP/ERP business system