Nursery Apprentice - Immediate start!!
Apprenticeship Connect are currently seeking a young individual eager to start a career as an Childcare Apprentice. The ideal candidate will have worked in a Nursery or childcare role, although this is not essential, and will be driven and motivated to work.
As an apprentice/trainee Childcare practitioner you will be guided in your learning by a senior member of the management team helping develop your skills and industry knowledge. This apprenticeship will suit those with an interest in the Early Years sector and also young individuals looking for a change of employment. Due to the nature of the apprenticeship full training and support will be provided over the 12 month course with the possibility to move on afterwards to a full time position within the Nursery.
My Client is an nursery that incorporates music and the performing arts as an way to teach children focus on other areas of their development. All the classes are taught by professionals in their various fields and all children participate in these classes every week. They are a part of the weekly timetable. This is also helpful to parents as they will not need to source other activities outside of the nursery. At Christmas the children do a small show for the parents.
The Nursery aims to provide an environment which develops children socially, emotionally, physically and educationally, by providing a wide range of experiences
8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Your day to day duties can include:
- Operate a program of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Setting
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be flexible within working practices of the Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker
As this is an apprenticeship no previous experience is required, however you will need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the role. Whether you have recent left school or college and are looking for your first step on the career ladder or even an alternative to further education an apprenticeship is the best path.
- An understanding of childrens physical, social, intellectual and emotional development.
- Good communication
- Warm caring
- Patience and passionate person
- Use their initiative
- Has a sense of fun
As this is an apprenticeship you can look forward to the following:
- Gaining work based experience
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Competitive apprentice salary
- On-going training and support
- Career development and progression
- Student travel and retail discounts.
For further information or to be put forward click apply.