Transactional Accounting Supervisor
A renowned company of 100+ employees based in East Grinstead are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Supervisor to join their finance team of 5 on a permanent basis.
You will be supervising a team of three in the absence of the Finance Manager. Your role will be split between team management/supervision, as well as they day to day accounting responsibilities which will include but not be limited to:
* Authorisation and payment of all overhead invoices.
* Authorisation and payment of a high volume of multicurrency supplier invoices.
* Querying and resolving invoice discrepancies with internal departments and external suppliers.
* Raising invoices to suppliers and customers
* Daily, weekly and monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
* Allocation and reconciliation of customer receipts and processing refunds.
* Credit card reconciliations and allocations.
* Balance sheet reconciliations.
* Allocation of prepayments and accruals.
* Act as the key point of contact for accounts queries both internally and externally.
* Executing appraisals and one-to-one's.
The successful candidate will poses the following skills, experience and personal qualities.
* Rounded transactional accounting experience.
* Demonstrate longevity within previous employment.
* Be a self starter and motivated with a keen interest to push the business forward.
* Be able to manage/supervise team members without being controlling.
* Have the ability to motivate the team.
* Be committed and dedicated to the role and the team.
* Strong Excel ability.
* Be currently working in a position that replicates the job specification.
* Come from a Travel, Aviation or Hospitality background.
* Previous experience in managing/supervising a team.
* SAGE line 50 experience.
* Live locally to East Grinstead.
The company are offering a very competitive benefits package, some of which includes:
* Salary of £25,000 - £32,000 (depending on skills and experience)
* 21 days holiday increasing to 25 after 5 year's service.
* Generous pension scheme.
* Discount on company products.
* Study support arrangements for studiers.
* Discretionary company and personal performance related bonus.
* Free parking all day.
* Company trips and events.
* A friendly team and relaxed but professional work environment.
* Lovely offices with a kitchen and dining area.
* Smart casual dress code.
Please quote 40543 when calling Alexander Lloyd on and ask for our Accountancy and Finance division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Finance and Accountancy is the leading recruiter of part-qualified Accountants, Financial and Management Accountants, Financial Controllers, and Finance Directors across Surrey, Sussex, London and Kent.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.