Reservations Administration Internship £19.5K Healthcare Central London
A cutting edge private healthcare company based in Harley Street providing independent diagnostic services such as MRI, Ultrasound and MRI scans to patients across London. This is an innovative, disruptive and rapidly growing healthcare business.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,625 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as a Reservations Administrator to support the busy Bookings Team of this successful medical diagnostic business and be at heart of scheduling appointments, managing existing bookings and dispatching reports. This is an excellent internship for a recent graduate looking to develop commercial work experience for a fast growth business operating in the healthcare sector.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Responsible for monitoring, triage and processing all incoming emails and faxes daily.
• Establish contact and capture information on potential and existing patients from enquiries and follow up on all leads.
• Communicate with all patients or referrers or third parties clearly and accurately.
• Create and update the patient and referrer contacts database, ensuring records are kept up to date.
• Triage Referrals received ensuring that all necessary information has been included on the referral form, before passing to the Radiographers to assess clinical information.
• Monitor appointment dairies and utilise the ‘smart booking’ tool.
• Create and despatch appointment confirmations to patients.
• Develop an up to date knowledge of the company’s services, pricing and policies, as well as a knowledge of competitors within the local area.
• Assist and coordinate with clinical staff and third parties where there may be a breakdown of communication which affects services.
• Develop a clear knowledge and understanding of each type of medical service and how to schedule appointments in those areas.
• Formulate strong relationships with referrers and third parties to identify their needs.
• Create cases which track the progress of enquiries from Patients, Referrers and Radiologists, ensuring that a hand over where appropriate has taken place and resolve any queries directly within your means.
• Work towards a one working day turnaround for dispatching reports.
• Transpose reports accurately.
• To have knowledge and adherence to the Code of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act 1998.
• Undertake any Mandatory Training.
You will work 37.5 hours per week, paid at a rate of £10 per hour.
This position works around different time shifts which work as follows:
• 8am to 4pm
• 9am to 5pm
• 10am to 6pm
• 11am to 7pm
You will have to work 11am to 3pm on a Saturday and Sunday one weekend per month, but will get days off in lieu so your hours will never be more than 37.5 per week.
What are the ideal intern's skills, experience and personality?
• Educated to degree level.
• Good Knowledge of or keen interest in working in the Private Healthcare Market.
• Previous business administration, customer service or sales experience is a bonus.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
• Excellent communication, administration and organisational skills.
• A high attention to detail, enthusiastic and hard-working.
• Independent, can follow own initiative.
• Ability to prioritise own workload in a highly-pressurized working environment.
Desirable but not pre-requisites.
• Some Direct sales or Tele-sales experience.
• Previous experience of working in healthcare environment.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• 27 days’ holiday.
• Medical cover and competitive pension scheme for full-time employees.
• A social team with a real ‘family environment’.