Our Client is a listed global manufacturing business with a UK business and a European Head Office. Due to career progression and promotion, they are seeking a new UK Finance Director. This is a full time, permanent vacancy which offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits such as 30 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, a health care scheme and company pension. This role will require regular travel to our London office, with occasional international travel.
This role forms part of the Senior Management team and our Client is looking for a highly capable commercial and strategic Finance Director who can contribute to strategic decision making.
We are open on accepting applications from highly capable development candidates as well as experienced Finance Directors.
- Lead and develop the Finance team in order to optimise Company performance and strategic position whilst complying with national legislation and Group instructions.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Identify trends and forecast the Company's financial position for future periods.
- Co-ordinate planning and ensure plans are communicated to Group as per deadlines.
- Monitor profitability and challenge departments on their actions - including sales prices, costs and investments.
- Ensure the Company's IT systems are secure, fit for purpose, and that service to users is reliable and provisions are regularly reviewed.
- Liaise with Credit Management on setting of customer credit limits and risk evaluation of customers.
- Ensure contracts and relevant Service Level agreements with other Group companies, to supply financial services are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Act as Company Secretary, co-ordinate legal activities, and ensure the Company has adequate insurance cover.
- As member of the Management Team, participate in the setting of Company goals and strategies and, where relevant, their deployment and follow up.
- Ensure effective Credit Management policy which will drive the improvement of revenue and reducing the financial risks. Allocation of IT priorities between functions - if disputed at Management Team level refers to Managing Director.
- Authority over all budgeted departmental expenditure.
Experience and qualifications:
- Business related degree
- 5 + years’ experience similar role ideally within companies/ biased where they have driven change effectively
- Written and spoken English Language to a high professional business level
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified preferred
- Further education to MBA qualification preferred