Mechanical Design Engineer
BS4580: Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary:£27,000 - £31,500 depending on experience
Location: Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Due to continued success, one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of advanced driving robots used for vehicle development is now looking for a creative, degree qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to expand its team. The Mechanical Design Engineer will have a passion for design, coupled with good analytical skills.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing new products and updating existing ones
- Preparing concept designs
- Identifying and liaising with appropriate suppliers
- Liaising with internal and external sources to assess cost and manufacturing feasibility
- Creating detail drawings & general arrangement drawings for manufacture
- Preparing supporting documentation such as engineering calculations, test reports, risk assessments etc.
- Getting involved in the assembly and testing of new designs
Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in a relevant subject (2.1 or above)
- Excellent A levels (or equivalents) in maths & physics
- Experience of CAD and stress analysis (including FEA)
- A good understanding of dynamic systems is expected
- Some experience in making and/or repairing mechanical and/or mechatronic systems will be perceived as advantageous.
Applicants interested in this position, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.