HVAC Project Engineer
Job Title: HVAC Project Engineer
Location: Central Belt (Glasgow to Edinburgh Area) but with occasional travel throughout Scotland
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 (depending on experience) + car or car allowance
Our client is a national and growing Facilities Management company.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Engineer within the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Industry to join a rapidly expanding company specialising in mechanical and electrical projects.
The successful candidate will require to report directly to the commercial manager and the following responsibilities, technical skills and knowledge are a requirement:-
- To manage HVAC projects from start to finish to the approx. value between £50k to £1 million.
- Take commercial responsibility for the profit and loss of installation contracts
- Be prepared to assist the preconstruction and design team with tenders and estimates
- Manage the delivery, commissioning and hand over procedures and work to agreed quality plan
- Resolve any contractual conflicts as they arise
- Manage technical queries during the contract
- Maintain a good working relationship with client/contractor
- Hold proven experience of delivering HVAC projects on time and within budget
- Have contract management experience
- Will have attended relevant Health & Safety courses and hold a current CSCS Card
- Management experience of installations relevant to the HVAC industry
- Have appropriate building service industry experience with particular relevance to HVAC industry.
- To assemble project documentation including preparation and submission to clients of Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- To assume responsibility, upon handover from design to completion, for management of projects
- Ensure high standards are maintained in terms of client liaison, both verbal and by email
- To maintain productive relationships with clients, both internal and external
- To co-ordinate procurement of materials and equipment and ensure delivery for projects
- Where required to travel to installation site and review/rectify any issues arising between client and company
- Any other related duties that may be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
The role will mainly involve working on Projects within the Central Belt of Scotland, so ideal candidates will be based in the Glasgow - Edinburgh patch.
There will be a need to work on Projects further afield in Scotland where you would have to stay away for a few nights but this would only happened 2-3 times a year.
Candidates must have a full and valid driving licence.
Role is available for an immediate start.
Interviews will be held at our clients head office in Blantyre.
To apply for this role please submit a full and up to date CV to Jonathan Sweasey at PDA Search and Selection.