Private Client Senior - Top 20 Firm
An award-winning Top 20 Firm have recently started recruiting for a Personal Tax Senior with Non-Dom exposure for their Central London Office. Workload varied and interesting with clients ranging from Non-Doms to media and entertainment clients. CTA study support available along with a clear, structured pathway for career progression.
This Top 20 Firm are based in the heart of the City of London and are looking for a Personal Tax Senior to join their Tax Team. You will be working on a portfolio of approximately 200 clients, providing advisory and compliance services, with working ranging from non-dom and residency matters, to dealing with media and entertainment clients.
The firm values ambition, with full CTA study support available alongside a clear, structured pathway for career progression.
Responsibilities will include;
- Requesting tax return information from clients. Working through said information and assessing the tax impact
- Reviewing information received and delegating more straightforward tax return cases and, where applicable, accounts preparation work
- Reviewing returns produced by junior staff and dealing with any outstanding points
- Preparing and generating tax returns for more complex compliance cases
- Preparing client correspondence, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Sending correspondence and tax return to client for signature; logging information sent and submitting to HMRC. Liaising with HMRC on clients’ behalf
- Informing clients of tax liabilities
- Assisting with client billing
- Attending client meetings where appropriate
- Coaching junior staff on work delegated
- Identifying tax planning opportunities as appropriate
- Assisting on tax consultancy, research projects and HMRC enquiries as required
- Regularly updating knowledge own technical knowledge via Tax section on the Intranet and other sources
- ATT qualified
- Minimum 18 months’ practical personal tax experience
- Demonstrable technical experience relating to non-domicile and international tax matters
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident communicating with colleagues, clients and other external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise
- Positive and committed to producing high quality work
A generous salary and benefits package is on offer, with full support for CTA study.
For further information on this Personal Tax Senior role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers