A family owned, £10m turnover business currently experiencing 20% year on year growth requires a Finance Director who can not only lead on Finances, but can also assist the Managing Director in continuing the growth of the business.
A finance director is required to oversee this group of companies, with responsibility for the following;
- Alongside the MD and Operations Manager, be part of the 3 strong team leading the management of the business
- Leading the finance department which consists of three staff
- Leading the Group's relationships with external stakeholders (Bank's, other lenders, Auditors, etc)
- Assisting the MD in growing the size and profitability of the business along with being instrumental in shaping future strategy
- Managing the business through regularly producing and updating KPI's. In detail this requires:
- A continuous and regular review of all input prices which can be volatile and significantly impact profitability.
- Monitoring the efficiency of the production process and transport operation.
- Preparing the business for annual statutory accounting, tax and reporting requirements (including 2 family investment companies).
- IT and systems overview.
With assistance from the long standing Financial Controller, regular duties include;
- Producing monthly management accounts pack
- Weekly financial monitoring information
- Cashflow forecasts
- Annual budgets
What type of person are we looking for?
- Fully qualified accountant (either ACMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working at Finance Director level is essential
- Demonstrative experience of working within a fast changing and/or growth sector is highly desirable.
- Evidence of achievements in areas such as compliance, KPI efficiencies, reporting and systems.
- Someone who can bring strong commercial acumen, enjoy the detail of the business, be proactive and provide valuable strategic input.
- A highly proficient communicator who is comfortable interacting with people at all levels.
- Experience and success with funding opportunities is desirable.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a Finance Director seeking an interesting and autonomous opportunity in Carlisle, in which you can make a real difference to the growth and profitability of the business. Working within a highly experienced, management team of three. The opportunity to be on the Board of Directors is also open to the right individual.