Audit Manager - Full or Part Time
Marks Sattin are working with one of the Big to recruit a number of positions including full or part time Audit Managers to join their Audit centre of excellence within Leeds city centre.
This role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills as the successful candidate will regularly liaise with audit teams throughout the UK (and the Channel Islands) and provide them with remote support in completing risk management and quality reviews. It is essential to have good project management skills when dealing with various offices, to be able to successfully prioritise workload and work under pressure while practicing a flexible approach. You will also have responsibility reviewing work performed by other members of the team.
As a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience, you'll have the strong technical and risk management skills to perform Professional Standard Reviews (PSR), as well as the management skills to lead more junior members of the subsidiary accounts team.
The established training programmes will provide you with an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills and, the internal technical training is recognised for CPE credit purposes by all the major professional institutes. No travel is required for the role and agile working can be requested
The Assistant Manager will have responsibility for:
- Managing a team
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards
- Audit of holdings companies and small trading companies
- Undertaking other audit tasks to assist audit teams.
- Review of tasks undertaken by other team members.
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work
- Challenging the engagement team to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented
- Liaising with engagement teams on resolution of any issues
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous accounting and auditing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Standards on Auditing
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and an ability to learn new packages quickly
- Ability to constructively challenge
- Understanding of risk management
- Professional scepticism
- Attention to detail
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
Ineterested candidates must get in touch ASAP for immediate consideration.