Operations Lead, Private Client Services, Tax, Bristol or Cardiff
The role of Operations Lead sits within the Private Client Service (PCS) Centre of Excellence and is to assist with the preparation and review of personal and trust self-assessment tax returns. The role can be based in either Bristol or Cardiff
The PCS Centre of Excellence prepares personal and trust self-assessment tax returns for the Deloitte regional practice (covering 14 offices) and has tax professionals based in Cardiff, Bristol and Hyderabad.
The positions offer a wide variety of experience working with clients across the UK from leading entrepreneurs to company executives.
We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
As an Operations Lead you will have responsibility for:
- Reviewing personal tax returns and standard letters prepared by more junior members of the team with a focus on ensuring matters of judgement made when preparing the tax return are clearly identified and all matters that may present a risk to the firm are considered and actioned accordingly;
- Assisting and resolving queries in order to finalise tax computations;
- Working as part of a wider team to complete required volumes of work;
- Managing your own workload to meet specific deadlines;
- Coaching and assisting junior team members with the opportunity to supervise overseas teams;
- Managing/manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- All other personal compliance related activities as required.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Good experience of working in a personal tax compliance role and an understanding of preparation processes. Ideally, you will also have experience of preparing trust tax returns;
- Experience of reviewing personal tax returns. Ideally you will also have experience of reviewing trust tax returns
- Good related personal tax technical knowledge and skills. You will ideally be ACA/ATT/CTA qualified
- Ability to communicate effectively in face-to-face situations, on the telephone and by email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and organised working skills
- Ability to follow defined procedures and protocols
- Proactive approach to work and completing work by required deadlines
- Proven team working skills
- Relationship building skills including experience of coaching junior team members
- Ability to develop understanding and application of firm’s dedicated tax return preparation software
- Excellent IT skills including a good understanding of Excel
- A flexible approach to working times, with a specific focus on additional commitment during the tax compliance busy season between September and January.
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Requisition code: 134303