Quality Engineer - £30k - £35k Per Annum
We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer for our worldwide Aerospace client in Dorset. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone with Quality Engineering experience who can hit the ground running.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the "Material Review Board" process on behalf on the QM, ensuring all non-conforming product is processed to the requirements of company procedures.
- Liaise with sub-contractors in relation to received non-conforming product issues.
- Support the production and engineering in all Quality related aspects of manufacturing and new product introduction and targets for rejects.
- Support production, engineering, sales, suppliers and Customers in the development of quality standards to fulfil both Company and Customer requirements.
- Produce monthly metrics relating to Quality Performance.
- Assist in maintaining accredited systems required by the business and its customers (AS9100 & customer accreditations).
- Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will support, communicate, and influence the company quality standards & culture.
- Assume the role of promoter and teacher to all personnel on quality related issues.
- Close working relationships with relevant teams must be developed and maintained.
- Inter departmental team working to ensure targets are met.
- Ensure good working relationships are maintained with both customers and suppliers.
Knowledge / Experience
- Root cause & corrective action, 8D skills.
- Experience in working in a mechanical engineering / machining environment.
- Experience of presenting to teams.
- Experience of modern techniques/systems within Quality and methods of working. (Lean, Six Sigma).
- Preferable knowledge and experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Computer literate and familiar with relevant software packages (Office, MRP).
- Auditing experience to AS9100 would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Good written, verbal and organisational skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to interface at all levels of business.
- Commitment, drive, determination, assertiveness and adaptability.