Senior Commercial Analyst / Financial Analyst
Senior Commercial Analyst / Financial Analyst / Finance Business Partner
We are currently seeking a Senior Commercial Analyst for an organisation based in Northampton. The role of the Senior Commercial Analyst is to provide financial and risk analysis of business opportunities to assist the decision making process of senior management.
The Senior Commercial Analyst will have the following responsibilities;
- Evaluation of new business opportunities with regard to contract profitability. This is done through the use of both standard costing models and bespoke modelling within Excel.
- Managing the commercial process and our contractual arrangements with our partners/customers, including assisting Legal in the negotiation of contracts.
- Supporting the Sales/Presales functions and attending customer meetings when required.
- Presenting the financial evaluation of large/bespoke opportunities to senior management for approval.
- Constructing and maintaining standard costing models.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
The candidate will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel. They will be a Qualified/Part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or qualified by experience. They will hold strong written and verbal communication with good PC literacy skills. They will also hold strong analytical skills, the ability to manage their own workload and good organisation and planning skills.
Please call or send your CV for further details.