CLAIMS INJURY CONTROLLER - FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
My Client are a market leading insurance company with significant expertise in the motor insurance industry.
Main purpose of the role
This role involves working as part of a small team responsible for the technical standard of claims handling process. The primary focus of the role is on identifying cases that insurers should be dealing with and helping our handlers to bring the cases to a quick conclusion, using the powers of Article 75 if necessary. There will be a strong element of training / coaching to this role, as well as reducing the average time cases are in dispute with insurers.
- Input into the technical standards by which our claims should be managed
- Reviewing files and providing advice and guidance to claims handlers
- Assisting and advising the Recovery Team in cases with potential insurer involvement
- Quality checking cases before submission to the Technical Committee
- Input into technical training material
- Policy and procedure development, writing and review
- Assistance with the audit process to include auditing of files and review of audit appeal
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years previous injury claims experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the UK general insurance market and all technical/legal principles including a detailed working knowledge of Article 75.
- A clear understanding of the potential impact on claims of political/ legislative developments
- A comprehensive knowledge of the UK civil litigation processes
- A comprehensive knowledge of market industry trends, agreements, codes and practices
- Excellent communication skills, orally, in writing and when presenting in internal and external meetings
Ideally the person will already be respected within the motor claims insurance market.
If this role interests you and you possess the right skills and experience required, then please submit your application or contact Simon Watters or alternatively, please visit the Bright Blue website.
Bright Blue Recruit will treat your application with the strictest of confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our vacancy.