Our client a Media Company based in London is looking for an Assistant Accountant to start ASAP. This is a 6-month temporary role with the possibility of becoming permanent.
The main duties are:
- Entry of supplier invoices
- Match purchase orders against invoices
- Processing of direct debit invoices
- Providing support which will include chasing invoices, completing allocations, reviewing aging etc
- Assisting in purchase order and invoice accrual calculation
- Resolving supplier queries promptly
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing of online bank payments
- Vendor reconciliations
- Processing of manual and automatic journals
- Assisting in intercompany reconciliations
- Investigate expense variances against plan
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Key contributor to year-end audit
- Other ad hoc tasks
You must have previous experience within a Finance team (accounts payable and bank reconciliations is desirable), strong communication skills both spoken and written, strong numeracy skills, strong co-ordination and time management skills with the ability to apply initiative. You must be able to prioritise work effectively and work to tight deadlines, have strong attention to detail and good IT skills including strong Excel and experience using Microsoft packages.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This is a fantastic opportunity, apply now!