Our client manufactures bag filling machinery to serve the food, chemicals, waste water, aggregate, cement and plastics industries world-wide. In existence for over 35 years their capabilities encompass the engineering of integrated materials handling, conveying and packing and palletizing installations including PLC control and plant integration. With turnover in the region of £2.5m and 20 employees, they seek a replacement Finance Manger with practical hands on manufacturing/costing and MS Dynamics NAV experience. An outgoing personality with interest beyond finance and the numbers is a key requirement.
The Finance Manager position reports to the Finance Director (FD), is part of the leadership team based in Crowborough and is accountable for the proactive, hands on and engaging business partnering, accounting and leadership of the Finance Department including management of one accounting staff member.
Technical attributes, experience and accountabilities required include:
• Fully or substantially qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA (preferably CIMA) with several years’ successful experience within the manufacturing sector.
• Day to day detailed hands on experience using Microsoft (MS) Dynamics NAV or other very similar software (EG: MS GP or MS AX or SAP B1).
• Detailed understanding of stock costing & accounting for manufacturing stocks & work in progress including costing methods, percentage of complete & revenue recognition.
• Technically current in UK GAAP with a solid understanding of all accounting areas including GL/AP/AR with new customer vetting & Credit Control/ manufacturing stocks & WIP, Fixed Assets & Depreciation, Bank including foreign exchange & letters of credit, VAT & Corporation Taxes, Payroll preparation (SAGE) & related costs, all accruals/prepayments/provisions & working capital management.
• Strong systems, management accounting & business analysis experience & understanding - comfortable exporting/linking financial & business data from MS Dynamics NAV to Excel &/or reporting directly from MS Dynamics NAV to proactively generate insightful business information such as periodic management accounts, metrics & KPI’s with detailed variance explanations, suggestions for improvements & corrective actions.
• Excellent Excel skills - preferably advanced level including Macros/V Lookups/Pivot Tables/Conditional Formatting.
• Ownership, leading, planning & completion of Budget & Forecasting processes in close liaison with the MD & FD (P&L, Balance Sheet, including Headcount & CAPEX, Weekly Cash Flow) & regular Forecast updates.
• Establishing & maintaining a strong internal control & reconciliation/analysis environment subject to audit
• Ad hoc project/other experience ~ EG: continued MS Dynamics NAV systems implementations, new business appraisal, Pension Fund transactions & accounts, tenders
You will be the type of person who is genuinely interested in the wider business - not just Finance/Accounting. You’ll be comfortable to proactively engage with all parts of the business - Directors, manufacturing, sales, customers, suppliers, bankers etc.
Systematic and methodical, you will proactively complete tasks to a time line and update management without the need for frequent supervision, follow up or review.
With a positive "can do attitude" & personality, the ideal candidate will have excellent 360 communication, time management and planning skills. You will be able to demonstrate actively promoting new best in class processes in a professional and
Hours and salary
The client seek someone for around 4 days per week to work from their offices in Crowborough and are flexible as to how these hours might be worked. The salary on offer is in the region of £35,000 full-time equivalent (to be pro rata’d).