I am now looking to recruit a Service Manager with Electrical Engineering knowledge for a leading manufacturer of furnaces for the laboratory and process markets. This position will be based at the purpose built facility on the outskirts of Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
The company are based within the South Yorkshire area and they enjoy a global reputation for quality & performance with more than 70% of sales derived from Export markets. All design and manufacturing takes place at the purpose built facility on the outskirts of Sheffield.
As the Service Manager your role will be diverse and all encompassing, responsible for managing various aspects of the Service and Testing department including: provide quotations and manage the logistics of repairs and refurbishment work, installations and commissioning of bespoke products. this position will be based at the purpose built facility on the outskirts of Sheffield, South Yorkshire:
- Manage and support the Service and Test Engineers ensuring that they are capable to fulfill the requirements of their roles to obtain optimum productivity.
- Organize and plan the Service Departments workload effectively, this includes managing the logistics of repairs refurbishment work, installations and commissioning of bespoke products.
- Organize and plan the Testing Departments workload effectively.
- Provide technical support with customers and help build good customer relations.
- Handling product complaints and queries from customers and staff.
- Provide Quotations, Technical Specification, Risk Assessments and Method Statements for refurbishment work out on the customer's site.
- Identify opportunities for Service improvements and ensure that resources are utilized effectively to drive these improvements.
- Chair staff meetings for the Service and Testing department.
- Provide and manage a training programme for the Service and Test Engineers.
- Reporting KPIs to the higher management.
To apply for the position of Service Manager based on the outskirts of Sheffield, South Yorkshire you will the following:
Key skills and qualifications:
- An accomplished Service Manager with the ability to present technical information to others, and proven experience in the field of technically demanding products would also be beneficial.
- Degree qualified in Electrical engineering or be able to demonstrate work at an appropriate level.
- Experience of leading a team and improving efficiency, processes and systems as part of providing a better customer experience.
- Ability to achieve targets and KPI's and can illustrate a history of exceptional Customer satisfaction.
- Ability to identify growth opportunity and needs to be articulate and possess a high degree of enthusiasm.
- Highly motivated with a team orientated work style.
- Knowledge of relevant EU directives and safety standards.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, presentation and IT skills.
- Willingness to travel.
A competitive salary is offered depending on experience.