Senior Marketing Executive
Senior Marketing Executive
Location: Watford (with some local travel required)
Hours: Full-time - 9am - 5pm, 35 hours per week
We are recruiting for the leading enterprise agency in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. The organisation offers a diverse range of business support services to those thinking of starting a business, those that have recently started one up as well as existing businesses. These services include business start-up advice, training courses and events, affordable business centre premises and facilities as well as education programmes for organisations and education providers.
We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated, pro-active Marketing Executive/Senior Marketing Executive to join the Marketing Team - a close team of 3. Providing deputy support to the Marketing Manager as well as working closely with the Digital Marketing Executive, this role requires a highly-organised individual with excellent communication and project management skills.
You must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, be able to prioritise workload accordingly and have a real 'can-do’ attitude. You will need to be a great team player as well as have the confidence to undertake projects independently. This is a great opportunity to play a vital role in support of the organisation’s marketing efforts at a time of growth and innovation.
This role will be based at the Head Office in Watford but will require some local travelling to attend meetings and events.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this role has the following responsibilities:
- To act as deputy to the Marketing Manager as and when needed e.g. during periods of annual leave or to attend meetings during diary conflicts.
- To support the Marketing Manager particularly in the delivery of SLAs and programmes.
- To carry out market research and customer surveys to assess satisfaction, demand, brand positioning and awareness.
- To script and produce regular content and updates for the Company websites as well as the online portal.
- To liaise and brief key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of campaigns at an operational level.
- To design, produce and maintain up-to-date marketing collateral for both online and offline use.
- To coordinate, source and design artwork for branded merchandise, banner stands and other promotional material as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- To produce regular high quality case studies including writing, proofreading, editing copy, formatting and coordinating distribution and promotion.
- To visit and work from other offices located in Potters Bar, Ware, Luton, Stevenage and Enfield from time-to-time, as and when required.
- To coordinate the Blog schedule - ensuring regular articles are contributed, proofed and edited.
- To design, script and manage branded email campaigns for maximum impact.
- To design and produce branded presentations for use across the organisation.
- To collect, collate and report back to the Marketing Manager on monthly email campaign response rates, social media activity, website user statistics and regular insight into customer activity.
- To support the Marketing Manager in cleansing data on the company’s CRM systems.
- To manage the events calendar dealing with the booking, organisation and coordination of materials and cover for exhibition stands.
- To ensure the press release distribution lists are maintained and kept up-to-date with key local journalist contacts.
- To coordinate press activities including the scripting, distributing and following up on press releases sent out as well as the collation of PR coverage obtained.
- To support the Marketing Manager and work together with the Digital Marketing Executive on copywriting for both online and offline content.
- To create and produce new resources of interest to customers for uploading to the online portal.
- To provide marketing support to events, including photography and social media, as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- To promote all Company brands via social networking sites including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- To develop the online presence via promotion of the brands on third party websites including office and conference broker sites, online directories and local authority sites.
- To be responsible for the execution and management of approved marketing campaigns - ensuring deadlines are met.
- To support the Marketing Manager in the creation of company-wide communications.
- To project manage specific projects as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- To coordinate and implement new marketing processes as agreed by the Marketing Manager.
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- To work closely with team members across the organisation including the Senior Management Team.
- To attend and contribute to team meetings, company-wide meetings as well as external meetings with stakeholders.
- To develop and maintain own professional competence through the annual performance appraisal system, other appropriate training programmes and information meetings.
- To continue to develop a close understanding of the business support landscape from a marketing perspective, both on a local and national level.
In addition, the following will be essential:
- A commitment to an award-winning social enterprise that is driven by a social purpose.
- The ability to empathise with small businesses.
Closing date for applications is 30th May 2017.
First Interviews will take place week commencing 12th June 2017.
Second Interviews will take place week commencing 19th June 2017.