Do you have audit experience?
Experience in a practice environment?
Looking for a career?
This may be the role for you!
Aligra are currently recruiting for a Audit / Accounts Senior in the Reading area to work for a successful client.
To assist Client Managers and Directors in providing and developing a strong proactive service that generates confidence in existing and potential clients; that work provided will be professional, timely and accurate as well as offering proactive advice wherever necessary.
As an audit senior to participate in and lead on audit engagements.
The audit/accounts senior will also carry out accounts assignments, review/prepare management accounts and prepare tax computations.
* Control and take ownership of client audit engagements and accounts preparation work. This will include planning, executing, directing and completing audits accounts preparation files for presentation to the director for review.
* Keep up to date on all generally accepted accounting principles reporting rules, where applicable and financial statement presentation.
* Obtain a thorough understanding of accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
* Research and analyse financial statement and audit related issues.
* To participate in proactively maintaining the client relationship.
* Acquire a working knowledge of the client's business.
* Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
* To ensure personal billings are accurate and timely so that budgets and forecasts are met
* To identify Cross-Selling opportunities across the Clients Group.
* To provide input into the development and improvement in the process and procedures relating to this role.
* To effectively operate all office systems and to contribute to the development and improvement of these.
* To manage and maintain own knowledge and skills to ensure continuous development.
* Minimum of 2 - 3 years' recent work experience as an auditor, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks.
* Full member of one of the Accounting Bodies or extensive, equivalent experience.
* Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, CCH, Sage Line 50, Xero and IRIS.
* Experience in a client facing role including Client communication and occasional chairing of Client Meetings.
Should you be interested in the above role, we would be very interested in hearing from you today.
Recommend a Friend to Aligra and when they have completed their probationary period we will pay you £250*. Speak to the team for more information. (*T&C's Apply)