Children's Home Manager
We're looking for an experience Registered Manager for a Children's Home in Telford. Working in a highly specialist therapeutic service, you'll be managing a group home for young people who have exhibited inappropriate or harmful sexual behaviour. Within the children's home you'll work with the team of highly skilled professionals professional's to deliver a stable placement with the best outcomes for the young people. On offer is an attractive salary of £33-37,000 negotiable and the opportunity to work in a specialist service.
As the Registered Manager with Ofsted you'll ensure, develop and maintain the effective provision of a high quality and accountable residential service for young people who have displayed inappropriate/ harmful sexualised behaviour. Each young person has an individual care, education and health pathway plan, and is given the opportunity to develop social skills, tolerance and understanding.
You'll be responsible for the day-to-day management and care of young people in the home, ensuring the establishment and maintenance of an environment that meets their physical, emotional, social, educational and cultural needs.
The Registered Manager's Responsibilities include;
- You'll ensure that the service is delivered within the philosophy of therapeutic practice
- To ensure the service is delivered and maintained effectively through the professional and supportive management of a team of residential and ancillary staff.
- To ensure that the service operates in compliance with all legislation, regulation and statutory guidance
- To ensure that the Board is alerted to events / incidents at a time appropriate to their severity.
- To manage effectively a broad range of responsibilities through appropriate delegation and effective time and workload management techniques.
- You'll have access to high levels of support and ongoing development. You'll be working for a well-established and reputable independent company, committed t specialist work and applying a robust approach to practise.
The Successful Candidate
- You'll be an experienced manager of children's residential care, with a proven track record in leading teams to deliver reflective and therapeutic care to vulnerable young people.
- You'll be confident in safeguarding processes and with a good understanding of local authority and regulatory expectations.
- You'll need to be qualified to NVQ level 4 in managing services for children and young people
Interested? To be considered for the Registered Manager role please click 'apply' to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg banks recruitment for more information please call me on
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.