Accounts Payable Clerks
Established in London in 1999, our client is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist building materials used within the construction industry. Today they have five companies and branches in London, Birmingham, Hull, Manchester, Cheltenham, Swanley and Glasgow with plans to expand further in the coming years. With the recent acquisition of their operational headquarters in Birmingham, they are looking to appoint three Accounts Payables Clerks.
Reporting into the Finance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas:
- Batching and posting of supplier invoices.
- Ensuring all invoices are approved in accordance with company policy.
- Reconciliation of inter-branch purchases.
- Reconciliation of inter-company purchases.
- Liaising with suppliers and reconciling purchase ledger accounts to supplier statements.
- Preparing and providing information to management, including a weekly creditors report.
- Other ad-hoc tasks linked to payables team.
This is an excellent all encompassing role that will provide a great challenge to the right individual. You will need to be an enthusiastic, pragmatic individual who is quick to learn and has attention to detail. The ability to communicate with all company stakeholders and meet tight deadlines is fundamental to the success of this role.
The ideal candidate will have current working knowledge of Sage Line 50 (or a similar accounting package) and a good understanding of Excel.
Really friendly working environment and good opportunities for progression in line with the company's growth.
Hours of work 8.30am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch.