Working within a global business, this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and abilities within a financial analysis capacity. Offering varied and interesting workload with exceptional progression opportunities, this is an ideal position for a candidate seeking long term growth within an exciting business based in Kidlington.
Our client is a global business with new and exciting plans for growth over the next 5 years. This position has arisen as they have identified the need for a finance analyst to join the team and grow with the business as they continue to expand from their offices in Kidlington.
- Analyse, challenge and interpret the month end results to provide detailed analysis and insight into variances.
- Produce bridging and commentary between Actuals, Budgets and Forecasts. Understand the causes for large variances, provide documented commentary and challenge the variances with the sites.
- Provide and interpret sales, margin, overhead and working capital trends and variances within the sites and offer timely challenge where required.
- Prepare and review relevant Control files to ensure accuracy of data & postings along with detailed audit trail of periodic values
- Develop value adding reporting and review processes and procedures where required to ensure efficiency and timeliness of information.
Forecasting & planning
- Review in conjunction with regional management quarterly forecasts and budgets and ensure submission into the Group reporting systems within the deadlines set.
- Support the forecast and annual budget process within the sites under guidance from the Head of FP&A, ensuring numbers are pressure tested and financial integrity of the numbers.
- Gain buy in from operational managers and become a credible part of the regional commercial and operations teams as well as an integral part of the finance team.
- Build relationships and understand the commercial aspects of the business to become the key finance point of contact for European businesses
- Providing support to local finance teams where necessary by understanding month end processes, systems and controls.
- Support investment appraisals within the sites and offer guidance where required, as well as helping to identify and track benefits arising from investment opportunities.
- Supporting the EMEA region, providing analysis, challenge and commercial support to the business to improve business performance and aid decision making.
- Manage profit enhancement plans to ensure delivery of gross margin and operating profit targets.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and ensure they are driven through to completion.
- Provide support to the FP&A with ad-hoc projects and analysis, as and when required to ensure the business makes the correct, commercial decisions.
To be considered for this opportunities, candidates are required to have strong analytical skills and be at a Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA level in their qualifications.
A competitive starting salary of between £30,000- £35,000 plus excellent training and employee benefits is being offered.