Our client is a leading and award winning Fintech start up company, based in London. Since launching in 2012, they have already lent to almost 10,000 small businesses across the UK and Europe. Over the next decade, they are aiming to provide financing to 1 million SMEs that are undeserved by the banks. Offering flexible credit to small businesses, allowing them to take advantage of opportunities previously only available to their larger peers.
Due to extraordinary business growth, they are seeking to appoint a Collections Manager to join the Collections team and, maximise collections returns by understanding the customer's circumstances and ensuring that all actions achieve the best outcome for the business and clients.
My client is seeking an experienced individual who has proven commercial debt recovery experience. Someone who has worked within a fast paced, customer focused environment, providing great customer service while maintaining an excellent track record.
Key accountabilities for this role
You would be:
- Case handling 150+ customer accounts in arrears from inception to completion with varying and unique circumstances
- Handling inbound and initiating outbound telephone calls, letters and emails with the greatest level of care, accuracy and customer service skills
- Building relationships with clients through regular contact to validate, understand and resolve breaches of agreements with customers
- Negotiate, implement and monitor feasible repayment solutions that take into account the client's circumstances while balancing the best interests of the business
- Work with a wide range of teams within the company to understand, strategise and report on the best course of action
- Working closely with the Head of Collections to review and develop recovery strategies
- Instructing, liaising and monitoring third parties such as debt collection agencies and solicitors to ensure the best outcome is achieved
- Ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation regulatory body guidelines
- Adhering to our company policies and procedures
- Upholding company reputation at all times
- Updating databases and systems in order to keep an accurate record of activities, observations and outcomes within the recovery process
The ideal candidate
You will need:
- At least 2 years debt recovery experience, ideally in the commercial/business sector
- Empathy, forbearance and professionalism
- Strong communication skills, accuracy and confidence
- The ability to deal with a variety of challenges, innovate and think on your feet
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit with real enthusiasm for helping SMEs. Experience within the finance industry is advantageous.