Advanced Quality Engineer
Advanced Quality Engineer
We are a leading supplier to a host of automotive OEMs around Europe. We have prestigious Coventry site and as a company we are very driven towards Kaizen and continuous improvements within their TS16949, QS9000, and ISO 14001 accredited environment.
Scope of Position :
The Advanced Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting all launch activities at various manufacutinrg locations. Providing quality leadership during pre production builds at assembly facilities and customer locations as required. Establish the initial quality standards and parameters to ensure flawless on time launch of new business. Develop systems, standards AQP documentation to support engineering, manufacturing, assembly and the supply base.
Key Responsibilities :
- Attend drawing review meetings to understand, specifications and feasibility of meeting the customer’s requirements. Understand DFMEA ensuring that past lessons learned are incorporated in the design.
- Attending program review meetings and weekly CFT’s to ensure the feasibility of meeting customer’s requirements related to advanced quality.
- Support the development of CC’s and SC’s in coordination with Engineering.
- Support the development of the DFM&A in coordination with Engineering and Process Engineering.
- Support the development of the Process Flow in coordination with Engineering and Process Engineering.
- Support DV testing in coordination with Engineering and approve PV testing.
- Review all component and assembly drawings for conformance.
- Develop internal prototype and production control plans to meet customer objectives.
- Coordinate the development and issuance of all levels of Control Plans, Prototype, Pre-launch and Production.
- Develop internal measuring methods defining appropriate measuring gauges that meet MSA and GR&R requirements.
- Review CMM reports for dimensional, MSA and Initial SPC studies for all new programs in preparation for Customer PPAP.
- Participate in supplier drawing reviews. Coordinate any deviations with supplier(s) to ensure conformance to specified tolerance / adjust tolerance (if appropriate) on drawings.
- Complete all prototype quality reports related to part performance and dimensional compliance.
- Support process capability studies internal and at suppliers.
- Attend ECN Meetings and update the appropriate documentation, visual aids etc. to meet the ECN PPAP date.
- Coordinate any unique studies as required for their assigned programs as a result of Customer Complaints, Internal issues etc. throughout the program development / initial validation cycle.
- Support the activities and subsequent documentation for Customer PPAP submissions.
- Review the Supplier PPAP submissions and forward to the QA Manager for approval.
- Coordinate as part of a cross-functional team the development and issuance of all levels of PFMEA’s. [Process FMEA’s]
- Investigation/trouble shooting for Quality concerns, including onsite visits to customers and suppliers throughout the program development / initial validation cycle.
- Train Incoming Quality Inspectors to inspect & verify incoming components. IQ Inspectors to take over this task at program start up.
- Participate for new programs training sessions with the operators.
- Coordinate any "Outside Testing".
- Participate in VA/VE
- Prepare and maintain the Visual Standards in the plant.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts.
- Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
- Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the level III Procedure manual.
- Follow all Departmental General Procedures as well as procedures for this position as indicated in the level III Instructions manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards.
Basic Requirements :
- Possess a University /College Technical background or equivalent.
- Previous experience and training in statistical methods and measurement systems [MSA].
- Proficient in GD&T
- Basic knowledge in stamping dies and check fixtures
- Knowledge computer software, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Previous experience in the automotive industry.
- Supervisory or Quality Engineer would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 Qualitysystems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills- dealing with customers and various departments in a multicultural environment.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Life assurance