Established in London in 1999, our client is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist building materials used within the construction industry. Today they are a group of five companies and branches in London, Birmingham, Hull, Manchester, Cheltenham, Swanley and Glasgow with plans to expand further in the coming years. With the recent acquisition of their operational headquarters in Birmingham, they are looking to appoint a Finance Manager, who will report directly into the Finance Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas:
- Managing a team of four people.
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts.
- Preparation of accounts up to and including trial balance
- Prepayments and accruals.
- Preparing and recording journals
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register
- Production and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of monthly Intra-stat returns.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of company audit file.
- Monitor annual and quarterly rebates.
- Provide performance information to board members
This is an excellent all encompassing role that will provide a great challenge to the right individual. You will need to be an enthusiastic, pragmatic individual who is quick to learn and has attention to detail. The ability to communicate with all company stakeholders and to meet tight deadlines is fundamental to the success of this role.
The ideal candidate may be part qualified ACCA/ CIMA or qualified by experience and preferably have current working knowledge of Sage Line 50. A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential.
Really friendly working environment and good opportunities for progression in line with the company’s growth.
Hours of work, 8.30am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch.