My client is a friendly, busy, boutique Chartered Accountancy practice, specialising in the travel industry. We require a fully/part qualified accountant with practice experience to fit in to a small audit team.
Strong IT skills are required including a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Xero and Iris accounts software. A thorough eye for detail is needed along with a willingness to meet strict deadlines during the year.
The successful candidate will be required to fully integrate and work closely within an audit team. They will assist and at times take the lead in audit jobs from inception to final review. To achieve this, excellent written and spoken English is essential.
This position would suit a part/newly qualified accountant preferably with audit, financial reporting and taxation experience. Clear and concise verbal communication is also a requirement to build and maintain the strong relationships held with our client base.
Applicants will at certain times of the year be expected to travel to a number of clients throughout the country.
Duties of the auditor will include:
- Planning and implementation of audits.
- Obtaining and reviewing background data for audit planning.
- Preparation, review and completion of financial statements. Preparation of all disclosures and detailed notes.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and related computations.
- Draft Management letters and reports.
- Maintaining client confidentiality and ongoing professional relationships.
- Liaising with managers and departments in order to efficiently and effectively complete jobs.
Full time position
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm
- Qualifications required: Newly Qualified, Chartered or Certified Accountant (ACA or ACCA preferred)