Procurement Services Manager
Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Services Manager to join our team in Southgate, North London. As a Procurement Services Manager you will be supporting the procurement and purchasing function in the implementation of procurement initiatives and new contractual arrangements, developing and agreeing standard policies and procedures. The role will also be involved in the assessment, promotion and implementation of new opportunities for improved procurement practices.
We are looking for the right person to have significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising: advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and marketing plans, business accounting.
About the job:
- Business compliance with internal policies and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Performance measurement of the procurement activity and building appropriate professional and quality standards in same.
- Develop, implement and maintain a customer engagement approach such that customers are fully engaged in procurement decision making.
- Develop, implement and maintain a supplier performance approach to deliver continuous improvement in supplier performance.
- Drive change in procurement approach and ways of working.
- Develop, implement and own common processes and procedures for procurement across the whole of MHT.
- Lead and manage the appropriate use of purchasing card solutions and purchase to pay solutions.
- Own the eProcurement system and be responsible for developing this into a platform that holds all supplier, tender and contractual data for the whole business.
- Research, propose and develop procurement and purchasing products, services and processes.
What we're looking for from you:
- Senior specialist commercial / industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Masters or degree level qualification plus senior specialist procurement knowledge and experience.
- MHT Standing Financial Instructions, EU procurement directives and UK legislation, eg TUPE, Competition Act, Race Relations, Data Protection, Freedom of Information, etc.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Code of Ethics.
- EC Procurement Directives - implements and monitors policies and procedures relating to European law.
- Category knowledge within the market managed, in all aspects of the market, which also requires engineering knowledge, product knowledge, manufacturing processes, supply chain.
- Project Management - the ability to manage large complex projects, involving personnel from many disciplines/departments in client organisations and suppliers.
- The ability to visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts and to make logical considered decisions based on the available information.
- Proficiency in the use of e-commerce tools, E-tendering, E-auctions.
**Shortlisting for this role will take place on 23rd May**
**Interviews will take place on 31st May, 1st and 2nd June**
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!