Senior Management Accountant
SJD Accountancy have now partnered with one of the UK's largest professional Umbrella and Ltd Company employment organisations for Contractors, freelancers and other skilled contingent workers and is now called the Optionis Group.
There is now an opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join the finance team in the head office based in Warrington. Playing a pivotal role this will be a key member to the Finance team where you will be responsible for the monthly management accounts as well as managing and developing a small team of Finance Assistants.
The role would suit either a Management Accountant looking for their next step or an opportunity for a Practice Accountant who is looking to move into Industry.
- Working with the financial reporting team to complete the monthly management accounts
- Analyse and comment on actual variances against budget and forecast.
- Adhere to a monthly timetable for the management accounts team.
- Management of purchase ledger including authorisation of payment runs and adherence to invoice sign off procedures.
- Review of weekly KPIs prior to distribution to key stakeholders.
- Involvement in monthly revenue reconciliations to ensure billing accuracy.
- Produce ad-hoc information/analysis to support finance team requests from around the business
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end audit process.
- Management and development of 2 finance assistants (including the purchase ledger clerk)
- Liaise effectively with other areas of finance collating and providing the necessary information for Senior Stakeholder and other departments.
- Assist in other ad-hoc projects as requested by the Head of Finance/Finance Manager (e.g. cost savings, business improvement and integration of new acquisitions).
Experience and Skills:
- You must be a fully Qualified Accountant in either ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
- Proven experience as an Accountant.
- Able to produce accurate, robust and reliable information which is consistent across the business
- Take a duty of care over the information provided
- Information provided is high quality and right first time
- Ability to understand underlying business drivers behind trends and variances
- Excellent mathematical, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Genuine desire to improve the finance function
The office is in walking distance of Bank Quay Railway Station and with parking on site if you drive.
A great opportunity not to be missed, this role would suit an AAT studier who is looking for a role in a large finance team.