- Marketing Director position for a leading professional services business
- Team of four marketers, reporting to the General Manager (EMEA)
- Ownership of the marketing strategy for EMEA, with core markets in the UK, France, and Germany
- Four pillars of the role: lead generation, brand awareness, sales support and digital engagement
- Previous experience of SaaS or Fin Tech preferable
- International travel required
The Role: This Marketing Director position has arisen within a business who are looking for someone to lead a marketing evolution. Marketing has historically been a reactive, sales support function and the objective for this role is to support business revenue and growth through proactive demand generation. Managing a team of four marketers (events, digital and campaign) across the UK and Paris offices, the team will improve lead generation, increase brand awareness, create a new suite of sales collateral and build a digital engagement strategy with existing clients. The company have invested in Salesforce and Eloqua but need someone comfortable with utilising these tools (or similar) in a commercial B2B environment. The successful candidate will be very comfortable in managing stakeholder relationships and in particular show proven experience of bringing sales and marketing teams together.
Responsibilities for the position of Marketing Director:
- Aligning stakeholder expectations of what marketing can deliver for the business
- Creating an EMEA wide marketing strategy with key aims on demand generation, brand awareness, sales support, and demand generation
- Managing a team of four marketers
- Defining key marketing metrics
- Utilising marketing technology (Eloqua and Salesforce) to build lead generation, lead scoring and a qualified lead structure to pass to sales (MQL/SQL)
- Audit the current event calendar (owned and attended) to establish which events are delivering the best ROI for the business
- Stakeholder management - sales and marketing team alignment and reporting to global heads
- Train, develop, and hire staff to improve the team output
- International travel (US twice per year, Paris and Frankfurt twice per year)
- Experience of working in a commercial B2B environment
- Ideally worked in the professional services, SaaS or Technology markets
- Have held a senior level management position
- Have an ability to create and develop relationships cross functionally
- Strong people management experience
- Experience of creating a lead generation marketing strategy
- Experience of increasing brand awareness of businesses
- Understand marketing automation principles and how they can deliver acquisition, retention, cross-sell and up-sell opportunities for sales
The Company: This established global business provider focused in the data, technology and professional services markets are looking to redefine their EMEA marketing strategy. This role is focused on the EMEA region and will support countries including UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Greece. The company are going through some changes and require someone who wants a challenge and an opportunity to put their stamp on it.
The Package for Marketing Director:
- Salary: £90,000-110,000
- 20% bonus
- Company benefits
Location: The position of Marketing Director is based in Central London.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.