Head of Finance
My client a leading Technology business are seeking to hire an impressive Head of Finance for the launch of their office in London.
The successful candidate will have :
- Exemplary M&A and general investment banking / private equity technical skills
- Minimum of 6-10 years of corporate experience, ideally including mergers & acquisitions /private equity / corporate finance/ investment banking
- A strong educational background is a requirement (MBA in Finance / Chartered Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst)
- Strong commercial judgement with a good working knowledge of accounting, financial statements and financial analysis.
- Deep and sharp understanding of corporate finance principles, corporate transactions,valuation techniques.
- High level of strategic thinking and the ability to solve problems, creatively and analytically
- The selected candidate will also be a person of unquestioned integrity, collaborative approach and strong team ethos.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills is a must have
- The flexibility and willingness to travel is necessary
- Pre M&A role and responsibility
- Research market opportunities using a variety of financial databases and provide a level ofexpertise that enables investment decisions.
- Lead end-to-end merger & acquisition and private equity transactions which include origination, financial modelling, preparation of information memorandum, discussion with investors, valuation, negotiations, legal documentation and closing for all transactions and managing integrations.
- Plan and execute communication to various stakeholders the accurate information regarding the merger and acquisition strategies and integration processes, etc.
- Should play critical role in the investment process including evaluation of projects/investment opportunities, meeting entrepreneurs, financial analysis, industry analysis, drafting of investment, deal structuring, documentation, monitoring investments, exits.
- Develop the financial models that support the assessment and underlying valuation of acquisition opportunities.
- Evaluate market intelligence, make effective due diligence, collaborate with investment
- Bankers & Business Partners for financial modelling and deal structuring.
- Develop good understanding of business, financial and commercial terms, concepts of corporate governance, shareholding, profit sharing, revenue sharing, technology transfer,intellectual property and licensing arrangements.
Post M&A role and responsibility:
Take a lead financial role in mergers and acquisitions; ensuring that acquisitions are
appropriately accounted for and working closely across the finance team to ensure any new
accounting processes are appropriately and efficiently integrated into the team.
Lead organisation design structure and organisational restructuring through strategic planning
Work with credit control and accounting team to further develop the accuracy and detail of
cash flow reporting and forecasting.
Work closely with HR and the company’s outsourced payroll partners to ensure monthly
payroll processing is accurate, timely, and controlled.
Ensure all elements of statutory accounting are delivered
Work with the accounting team and take a lead role in- house production of the statutory
accounts and filing procedures
Ensure internal audit (controls), conduct regular- periodic checks, apply tests on internal
controls, report the robustness of existing controls and provide recommendations for